Bright Minds is a Success By 6 of United Way of West Alabama reading program. It is an organization of volunteers who read to preschool, Pre-k, and kindergarten children in classrooms. It is a proven fact that children who are read to perform better in school and become better readers.
When you read to a child, you are helping to lay the foundation for their future. Volunteer today because learning to love reading at an early age is the first step to a BRIGHTER FUTURE.
- Bright Minds Volunteer Reading Program began in Tuscaloosa County in July 2014.
- Volunteers are asked to donate at least an hour each month for a year (or per semester for students).
- Bright Minds expanded in Sumter County in April 2015 and is currently expanding into Marengo and Pickens Counties with the help of Americorp VISTAs.
- Individuals and groups are invited to volunteer. Currently we are working with the following volunteer groups:
– University of Alabama’s Honors College sends 30 volunteers per semester to read.
– Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority for the second semester.
To volunteer to be a Bright Minds Reader, fill out the two forms below and return them to email@example.com.