*We are not accepting new partner agencies at this time. We are currently reviewing our community needs assessment. We will make an announcement before we begin taking new applications.
The Board of Directors of the United Way of West Alabama has established basic guidelines for admission as a United Way supported agency.
Each agency must:
1. Be an incorporated 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization with the IRS for a minimum of three years,
2. Have a physical location,
3. Maintain a minimum of a part-time staff,
4. Have financial records and procedures of the agency audited annually by an independent public accountant,
5. Be governed by a board of local volunteers, and
6. Publish an annual report containing audited, year end financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.