JumpStart is a half-day, four to five-week program for children entering kindergarten who have had little or no preschool experience. Led by their soon-to-be kindergarten teacher, these children, along with fellow future classmates, learn the ropes of going to school so that they are not intimidated or left behind on their first day, but instead ready to learn.
- Designed for children with little to no preschool experience.
- Has been implemented for 20 years.
- More than 3,900 children have benefited from the program.
- Classrooms are taught by a kindergarten teacher and an auxiliary teacher.
- Each classroom serves up to 18 children.
- Students are provided with breakfast and lunch through the school district's Child Nutrition Program.
- Students are given a pre-test and post-test using age appropriate early literacy and social emotional assessments. This data has shown significant increases for JumpStart participants!
- JumpStart is a FUN learning opportunity that helps children successfully transition into school!