Alexis de Tocqueville Society of West Alabama Membership
What is the Alexis de Tocqueville Society & what are the benefits of joining?
"The health of a democratic society may be measured by the quality of functions performed by private citizens."
- Alexis de Tocqueville
The hallmark of an Alexis de Tocqueville Society member is a special level of commitment to making a positive impact. Here in West Alabama, our elite group of local philanthropists is an alliance of successful, community-minded individuals and business leaders who invest $10,000 or more annually. We are grateful to our members who show their passion by contributing time, talent and financial resources to help transform West Alabama.
The name was chosen for 19th century French diplomat Alexis de Tocqueville's admiration for the spirit of voluntary association and voluntary effort for the common good, a spirit he had observed in America and about which he wrote enthusiastically. This notable society is designed to deepen the understanding, commitment and support of United Way.
- Immediate and long lasting benefits in our community
- Directly affect more than 13,000 local children annually through United Way's Success By 6, Jump Start programs, and Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
- Support 26 local partner service agencies (See list here.)
- Enables you to direct your charitable giving to one trusted source rather than giving separate gifts to a variety of your favorite charitable organizations and causes.
- Tax deductible
- Family of the Year (spring)
- Babe Ruth McAbee Steak and Lobster Feast (fall)
- Alexis de Tocqueville Society and Young Leaders Society Social (spring)
2018-2019 FAMILY OF THE YEAR - ANNE & BROCK JONES
View a complete history of the Family of the Year honorees.
If you are interested in learning more about contributing as a leadership giver, please contact Jennifer Horn at 205-345-6640 or [email protected] for more information.